GCPP v4.8 has number of enhancements, maintenance updates and bug fixes.
- ENHANCEMENT: The Genesis Club BigVideo Widget allows you to set up the same background video on multiple pages
- ENHANCEMENT: The Genesis Club Hiding Panel allows you to hide (or suppress) features on individual pages (the page title, the top bar, signatures, social panel, automatic resizing of videos according to the device and inclusion on a site search)
- ENHANCEMENT: Help Tooltips have been added to the Genesis Club widgets
- ENHANCEMENT: The standard WordPress color picker has been integrated to make color selection easier
- ENHANCEMENT: In line with WordPress current practices, the dashicons icon font has been used in preference of image files wherever possible (help symbols, ticks, crosses and the plugin icon </>, etc)
- MAINTENANCE: LayerSlider has been updated to version 5.1.1
- BUGFIX: The slider upgrade will preserve IDs if you are upgrading from 4.7 or earlier versions
Genesis Club Big Video Widget
You will need this new widget if you use a video background on your home page. Full instructions are here.
However the use of a widget to set up a background video means you can set up the widget once and apply it to as many pages as you like. For example you can set up a video to appear as a background on all posts in a specific category, tag, custom post type, etc.
Genesis Club Hiding Panel
This panel appears as a section in the Post/Page Editor, and allows you to switch off, hide or disable certain features on just that page.
All tooltips on admin pages have been reviewed and updated. New tooltips have been added to section on the page editor and on the widgets page
Rather than having to type in the hexadecimal codes you can now use the standard WordPress color picker.
This is used to select background colors for the top bar, social panel, landing pages, background videos, etc.