This post shows you how to set up a landing page with a video as the background. To make this work, your theme will need to have a landing page template included. Most Genesis themes have these, however you should be aware that some of the older ones have inadequate landing pages designs that will not work with the plugin.
1. Go to the Genesis Club Pro Media menu and set the Video Background setting to be on demand – this allows you to use different videos as backgrounds on different pages
2. Go to pages then select and add or edit your landing page and choose the page template as Landing Page
3. Scroll down and edit the Video Background section and click the checkbox to enable the video and enter the Video URL – this can be a YouTube URL or a MP4 file you host elsewhere such as Amazon Cloudfront
4. Tweak parameters for the start and stop times and sound setting as required. The start setting allows you to skip unwanted intros. The Stop settings allows you to freeze the video at a specific frame. You can use this in conjunction with the Genesis Club Pro slider bring the call to action/signup form into view simultaneously.
5. Adjust the opacity if you want the video to show through the content of the site. Around 0.8 is a good number. Valid range is 0 (fully transparent) to 1 (opaque).
6. If the text of the page appears on top of the video without a background color and hence is difficult to read then the plugin allows you to set a background color. This feature will work on most sites. However on some themes it may not have the desired effect so you may need to tweak the CSS settings yourself to get the best effect.
Background video on externally hosted MP4 file with sound track on a continuous loop.
Background video on YouTube on a continuous loop
Background video on YouTube with start and stop times. And yes, we stop the movie just when you are getting into the song. However, you can always click the YouTube link in the bottom right of the screen to play the whole song on YouTube