This plugin has been updated to be fully compatible with WordPress 4.4.
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.4. (BTW WordPress 4.4 is not a requirement: GCPP v4.31 still works with previous versions of WordPress so you can upgrade now)
- Remove Tweet count from social sharing panel as Twitter no longer provides the tweet count free of charge
- Updated to Font Awesome 4.5.0
- Fixed CSS issue when using multiple backstretched images on the same page
- Enhanced sorting by post modified date for both the Genesis Club Posts Widget and the Genesis Club Post Icons Widget
- Added option to include privacy statement at the foot of Genesis Club Forms
- Added option to set custom login form background color
This release was just about ensuring GCPP remains compatible with the latest version of WordPress however it does not yet explicitly use any of the new features
- Responsive Images using the srcset attribute which allow the browser to choose the most appropriately sized image to display
- Taxonomy Term Data – WP now stores meta about terms(categories, tags, etc) in the same way it handles metadata on posts and users
- WordPress Rest API – allows developers to have lower level access to WordPress
GCPP will exploit these features in future releases:
- Responsive Images – update the Media module so it can handle srcsets for remote images not held in the WordPress Media library
- Taxonomy Term Data – create a new Taxonomy module to give more control over archive pages in order to increase user engagement and improve SEO. Settings will be stored as term meta.
- WordPress Rest API – exploit the Rest API to add some auto-configuration on new sites. E.g FAQ page, Privacy, Terms, Footer Menu, Footer widgets, etc. This is a time saving feature so you can click a button rather than having to go through multiple screens and settings when creating a new site.