The Genesis Club Pro plugin consists of the following distinct modules. You can turn off the modules that you do not need on any particular site.
- The Accordion Module
Use this module to organise Frequently Asked Questions on your site.
The Genesis Club Pro Accordion can be applied to pages, posts in categories and subcategories and is a great way of bring all the questions onto a single page where the user can quickly scan and find what they are looking for.
If you have substantial answers to your frequently asked questions, you can enhance your SEO by using posts in categories to build your FAQ page.
- Build an FAQ using individual pages or posts
- Build an FAQ using posts in categories
- Build an FAQ using posts in subcategories
- Style with your own classes on the accordion container, header and content
- Override site-wide settings to allow all posts in categories to appear on a single page without paging
- The Background Module
This module allows you to add back-stretched images or video backgrounds to pages, posts or just sections of the pages or posts, to add visual interest.
This means you can put text on top of your chosen background for maximum effect.
- Background video is specified up in the page editor
- Background video is be self hosted (on say Amazon S3) or on YouTube
- Background video can have splash image, a different end image and a fallback image for mobile devices
- Background video can have start and stop times and loop
- Optionally play sound
- Set content opacity so background video shows through
Backstretch Image Features
- Single or multiple responsive backstretched images
- Can apply backstretch image to any section of the page described by a class, or the whole page
- Set content opacity so background shows through the backstretched image
Background Widgets Features
- The BigVideo widget is used for the same background on all pages.
- Backstretch widget is used when you want to use the different background images on multiple pages, or archive pages or the home page or have backstretched images on individual page sections.
- The Bar Module
Place your marketing messages in a mobile responsive message bar.
Use different messages for desktop, laptop, notepad and mobile sized devices. Control timing of when the bar appears and if and when it disappears. Can apply bar to footer instead of header.
- Create a default responsive message bar for your marketing messages which can appear on every page
- Can use different messages for desktop, laptop, notepad and mobile sized devices
- Can place text, HTML images and videos in the bar
- Can control timing of when the bar appears and if and when it disappears
- Can add a shadow and a bounce effect to attract visitor attention on arrival of the bar
- Can apply bar to footer instead of header
- Can make top bar stick to the header or footer by attaching it to am HTML element that has CSS attribute position:fixed
- Default bar is enabled by default on posts and but disabled on pages; however you can toggle the bar on or off on individual pages or posts as you like in the WordPress Post Editor
Top Bar Widget Features
- Use a Top Bar widget to override the default Message Bar with a page-specific bar
- Use a plugin such as Widget Logic or JetPack visibility to choose on which pages the bar appears
- The Calendar Module
Embed a Google Calendar on your page where the users can set their own timezone. This means they can see your meetings and webinars scheduled in their own time zone. No more missed meetings due to timezone errors.
The genesis_club_calendar shortcode allows you to use multiple Google calendars, with different sizes and color settings.
The plugin allows you to change all the parameters of the calendar that are available on Google as well as include the addition of a timezone selector.
- Weekly, monthly or agenda layouts
- Size of calendar
- Text, background and border colors
- Navigation and other calendar controls
- Initial timezone, timezone label and positioning
- Once user selects timezone it is remembered as long as they do not clear cookies. If cookies are cleared, the timezone choice has to be set once again.
- The Display Module
Many features are included in this module, intended to improve the user experience: mobile responsive logo, custom labels, 404 pages, date formats on posts, post info and post meta enhancements, extra widget areas, easy Facebook integration, clearfix and dropcaps classes, custom login page, and an enhanced text widget.
- Include responsive clickable logo image in the title instead of text and tagline
- Removal of H1 tag from the logo on the homepage allowing you to create your own more useful, h1 tag,
- Control over post info and post meta
- Selective specification of post dates so your site does not appear out of date using new shortcodes. and
- Add extra widget areas at the top or foot of each post or archive page
- Change or remove the content in the postinfo and postmeta sections at the top and bottom of each post, page or archive
- Change “read more…” label
- Change breadcrumb labels such as “Archives for”
- Change commentary label “Leave A Reply” in HTML5 sites and “Speak Your Mind” in XHTML sites
- Remove comment form notices
- Use alternative 404 page
- Add clearfix class which can be placed on the container of floated elements so anything that comes after is unaffected
- Use dropcaps class to create a big capital letter on the first paragraph on the page
- Customize your WordPress login with a background image, logo, user label and button color
- Use the Genesis Club Hider to hide features on selected pages or posts: e.g the page title, the top bar, an author signature, or to exclude the page from the site search. For example, you may want to not have landing pages, “thank you” pages and any download pages appear on a site search.
- Specify an single featured image to use for all posts on your archive images (if you require a consistent look)
- Specify title, image and description to use on Facebook when promoting your category/tag archive pages. (Requires SEO Framework plugin).
- The Fonts Module
Easily to add Google Fonts and Google Font Effects to your site.
- Select an install any of the many available Google Fonts
- Option to includes character sets: latin, latin-ext, arabic, bengali, cyrillic, cyrillic-ext, greek, greek-ext, hindi, khmer, korean, lao, tamil and vietnamese
- Option to add Google Font effects: anaglyph, brick-sign, canvas-print, crackle, decaying, destruction, distressed, distressed-wood, fire, fire-animation, fragile, grass, ice, mitosis, neon, outline, putting-green, scuffed-steel, shadow-multiple, splintered, static, stonewash, 3d, 3d-float, vintage and wallpaper
- The Footer Module
Place a footer on your site that boosts your credibility with both search engines and human visitors. The Footer Copyright widget has menu and contact details as well as copyright details. The Footer Trademarks widget has trust symbols.
- Create a footer that gives your site the credibility that it belongs to a real business
- Include a footer menu with links to Contact, Privacy and Terms and Conditions Pages
- Include a copyright statement that updates automatically when the year changes – an out of date copyright is a negative signal for Google
- Include a telephone number to prove you are a real business
- Include a postal address to prove you are a real business
- Include a email address to prove you are a real business
- The Footer hook setting allows you to add the footer in just the right place on themes that do not have suitable widget areas
- Automatic HTML5 support for company address
- Footer Copyright Widget – Supports both a single line centered footer and a multi-line right aligned footer, with option to use HTML5 microdata for Organization in accordance with Google recommendations
- Footer Trademarks Widget – Include your site accreditations to demonstrate that your business meets the required standards for your industry with option to apply rel=nofollow automatically to footer trademark links
- Both widgets have visibility control: “show always”, “do not show on landing pages”, “only show on landing pages”
- The Icons Module
The Simple Social Icons plugin is a popular free plugin. Genesis Club Pro enhances it to allow multiple widgets on the same page with different sizes and colors. The simple-social-icons shortcode allows you to include social icons in the body of a post too.
- Requires you have Simple Social Icons plugin installed
- Allow you to have multiple sets of icons on the same page with different sizes and colors
The simple-social-icons short code allows you to include social icons in the body of a post or in a text widget
- The Landing Pages Module
We have created some simple landing page layouts where the landing page consists of a bullets and a form that can be integrated with Aweber, Infusionsoft, MailChimp or SendReach.
Form integration is done using the genesis_club_form shortcode. Handles optional first name, last name, telephone number as well as single line and multi-line layouts.
Landing Page Features
- deactivates the theme stylesheet
- small, medium and large page widths
- left, center or right form alignment
- a choice of various bullet styles
- a choice of colors
- easy custom styles
Landing Page Shortcodes
The genesis_club_form shortcode has the following features
- creates a mobile responsive signup form
- integrates with Aweber, MailChimp, Infusionsoft and SendReach
- offer single line and multi-line layouts
- includes email plus optional name, first name, last name and telephone
- operates a honeytrap to filter out spambots
- is easily styled with custom classes
- The Media Module
You get featured image thumbnails support for images that are not hosted in the Media Library, favicon placements, full-header backgrounds, mobile responsive YouTube videos, responsive Wistia video placement and a favicon uploader.
- Thumbnail generation for remotely hosted images
- Thumbnail quality setting to allow for the smallest file sizes.
- Favicon Uploader
- Fitvids scripts which makes YouTube videos mobile responsive
- Ability to host page background and header background images not in the Media Library
- Shortcode fort easy placement of Wistia videos instead of their lengthy embed code.
- The Menus Module
Add a responsive hamburger menu icon which appears at a size of device you can configure. Choose to locate the expanded menu to the left, to the right or below the hamburger. Add a search box to the end of the menu. Both features an be applied to to your primary, secondary and/or header navigation areas.
Hamburger Menu Features
- Add a responsive hamburger menu icon which appears at a size of device you can configure
- Can be applied to to your primary, secondary and/or header navigation areas
- Can choose to locate the expanded menu to the left, to the right or below the hamburger
Menu Search Box Features
- Can add a search box at the end of the primary, secondary or header right navigation areas
- Set placeholder text and text color
- Style background color and borders to match your theme
- Apply padding to fine tune the positioning of the search box within the menu
- Add a search button if your theme allow visible search buttons
- The Posts Widgets Module
Enhanced Genesis Club Post Widgets offer powerful selection by post type, taxonomy, with individual post inclusion and exclusions, an image gallery, and are only for display on a single page.
Genesis Post Widgets
- Genesis Club Post Specific Widget – define widget content in the Post Editor on the page the widget appears. This localizes the content and avoids clutter on the Appearance Widgets page
- Genesis Club Posts Widget – Enhanced Genesis Post Widget that allow context sensitive content selection as well as explicit post inclusions and exclusions
- Genesis Club Image Gallery Widget – Display an image gallery of attached images with optional slideshow in a lightbox
- Genesis Club Post icons Widget – Allows for use of Font Awesome icons instead of a featured image, any icon, any color.
- Genesis Club Post Palette Widget – allows for posts extracts to be placed on a chequerboard of several predefined alternating colors. To be used when a featured image is not appropriate but a colorful look is required.
- Genesis Club Post Chequerboard Widget – allows for posts extracts to be placed on a chequerboard of two predefined alternating colors. To be used when a featured image is not appropriate but a two-tone look is required.
Genesis Post Shortcodes
- genesis_club_post_dates – shows both publish and last updated date if the dates are not too close together
- genesis_club_recent_update – just show dates for recent posts
- The SEO Module
Migrate your SEO settings from Thesis to Genesis or from Genesis to Yoast WordPress and back. Handles posts, pages, custom post types and archive pages. Useful if you want to move from the Yoast SEO plugin to The SEO Framework plugin.
Genesis Club SEO Features
- Shows summary of Thesis vs Genesis SEO settings
- Shows summary of Yoast vs Genesis SEO settings
- Copy Thesis SEO settings to Genesis SEO settings
- Copy Yoast SEO settings to Genesis SEO settings
- Copy Genesis SEO settings to Yoast SEO settings
- Seo settings include title, description, robots and index
- Handles home page, archive pages, standard pages, posts and custom posts
- Add Clicky tracking script easily.
- Add Google Tag Manager script easily.
- The Signatures Module
Add an author signature at the foot of each post. Click the checkbox in the Post Editor to exclude or include an automatic signature on individual posts and pages
With the genesis_club_signature shortcode you can position the signature anywhere in the post and hence you can use a PS and a PPS.
- Each user can add a signature to their profile
- Add an author signature automatically at the foot of each post
- Can click the checkbox in the Post Editor to exclude or include an automatic signature on individual posts and pages
genesis_club_signature shortcode allows you to position the signature anywhere in the post and hence you can use a PS and a PPS
- The Social Module
The Social Sharing module implements sharing for Twitter, Buffer, Facebook, GooglePlus LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Reddit and Pinterest. Also includes a kickstart feature to give a boost to the social presence.
The social sharing module provides an easy means for your audience to share your content on the most popular social networks.
- Floating Panel at the side of the page
- Can control on which pages, post and archives the panel is shown
- Can control location of panel
- With or without a share count
- Can replace floating panel with fixed panel on smaller devices
- Can control panel width, background and colors
- Can choose from the following social sharing methods: Twitter, Facebook, GooglePlus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Buffer, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Pinterest and Email
- People tend to share posts that are liked by others so a kickstart feature to allow you to optionally provide a temporary boost to the number of shares. The kickstart numbers degrade over time to zero as real shares are made.